Jan 20, 2009

Thankful.

Today is a special day in history. And arguably, tomorrow will be a special day in history. And the next. And the next.

And while I could write about the inauguration of President Obama in light of where our nation stands at this moment-- I won't. Because truth is, hundreds of other people have articulated much of my own thoughts elsewhere on the web in far more eloquent of a fashion than I have energy for tonight.

And the deeper truth is, even with the grandeur of today surrounding coming from many other things, my focus has rests completely on these two pictures:




I am ridiculously blessed. I am surrounded by beautiful friends (and these shots are just a small representation) who can make me laugh to the point of tears and who love me well. They call me just to cheer me on and encourage. They meet me where I am on any given day and they step in for me when I need them.

So as the day winds down and the week goes on, I continue to remind myself of all Dad's showered all around me and give thanks. Because, truly, these are the ones who help me to choose "hope instead of fear" every single day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you wrote on my blog! Thank you for the compliment about Sabrina, she is one of my favorites and a big reason why I fell in love with art in the first place! I cant wait to scroll through your blog and see some of your photography! Have a wonderful week!